And now, the answers you’ve been waiting for since last Sunday!
Thank you all so much for asking questions during my half-Blogiversary Q&A! And thanks for all of the Blogiversary wishes! 💕
Now let’s just hop right into the answers! I was originally going to answer only some of your questions, but then my hand slipped and I ended up answering all of them! 😅
1) What’s a must-have for a book (good MC, storyline, plot twists)?
2) How much do other people’s opinions of books effect you (like if someone says something bad about a book will you not pick it up)?
- Oooh, a good book has to have all of those! But what I value the most is a good main character and a relatable/understandable storyline. I’m not sure how to explain that, though? Like, both character and plot have to mean something to me, and they also have to make sense.
- Um, yeah definitely, if anyone doesn’t like a book I probably won’t pick it up! 😂 The only exception to this would be if one of my really good friends highly recommends it to me. It cancels out!
What’s your favorite outfit of yours? :))
Favorite outfit? 😂 I’ve never really thought about that, but my favorite color to wear is maroon! I have a maroon blouse with flowers on it, and some cute brown sandals, and I like those as a combination with jeans 🙂 And for the winter, I pretty much only have maroon and green sweaters!
If you had to stop blogging about books and switch to something else, what would it be?
That’s a great question! 😊 Before I started his blog, I was thinking about blogging about college life (since I was starting a college year), but I’ve also considered blogging about traveling! If I traveled more, I’d probably be a travel blog! 😂
If you had to choose a book character who’s very similar to you, who would it be? 🙂
Well, I like to compare myself to Harry Potter a lot, apparently! 😂 But I’m also a lot like Frances from Radio Silence. 😊
1.) What book are you currently reading, what have you recently finished and what do you plan to read next?
2.) What is your favorite song?
3.) What is your favorite movie/TV show?
4.) What genre do you not read?
- I’m currently reading an eARC of Mirror, Mirror by Jen Calonita (even though I technically haven’t started it yet!), I recently finished an audiobook of Stalking Jack the Ripper, and… I haven’t figured out what I’m going to read next!
- I don’t have a favorite song! 🙈 I don’t have a favorite anything, except for a favorite band, favorite characters, and a #1 favorite series (Harry Potter).
- (But for TV shows, some of my favorites are Sherlock and Doctor Who 😂)
- I don’t read non-fiction books. I don’t know why, I just don’t! I also don’t typically read romance or horror.
What are your best reads of 2019 so far?
My best reads of 2019 are Gemina and Skyward! 😊
1) Do you remember what your first favorite book was?
2) Are there any really well-known books you never want to read?
3) What’s your bookish OTP?
4) Do you have a favorite bookmark/thing to use as a bookmark?
5) When is your ideal reading time?
- My first favorite book was the second chapter book I ever read, haha! It’s called The Haunting of Hathaway House, and I don’t remember anything about it except that it was about a spooky house and it had that dog Wishbone! ❤️ (But like, my real first favorite book was probably Dealthy Hallows.)
- I try to be positive about books, but I don’t think I would like A Court of Thorns and Roses!
- My bookish OTP is… Percabeth (Percy Jackson)? Or Hinny (Harry Potter)? You know, the basic ones!
- That’s a funny story – I don’t ever use bookmarks (but I really really should)! However, I do have a rather large bookmark collection! And I am going to do a bookmark collection post soon 🙂
- My ideal reading time is right before bed, but in high school I used to read for 20 minutes as soon as I woke up, every day!
If you had a pet dragon, what would you call it??
And If you could ask a fictional character a question, who would the character be and what would the question be??
- If I had a pet dragon, I would probably name it after its personality and physical traits! 😂 (But I would probably name it Cinder!)
- Woah, now the questions are getting deep! 😂 I would ask… I think I would ask Harry Potter how he feels about his son’s name now? (lol, sorry, I can’t come up with a good answer! I would ask so many questions to so many characters if I could!)
How would you answer these questions?
Let’s chat about it!
Happy reading, everyone! 😀